Carbon nanotubes little review
In detail, carbon nanotubes are graphite sheets to form long (related with diameter) thin cylinder.
This rolled-up sheet consists of one or more real tubes they are considered to be carbon nanotubes.
Carbon nanotubes are became a sort of nanotechnology symbol.
Carbon nanotubes, considering their extraordinary properties, have many potential applications.
Carbon nanotubes applications include:
Carbon nanotubes Polymers nanocomposites
- Conductive polymers
- Advanced high strength polymers
- Composites (flame retardant properties)
Carbon nanotubes in Energy applications
- Capacitor electrodes- Battery electrodes
- Hydrogen storage for fuel cells
- Fuel cells: membranes
- Solar cell improvements
Carbon nanotubes and Nanoelectronics
- Field Emission Displays (FEDs)
- Lighting elements
- Integrated circuits & memory: datastorage
- Nano-oscillators- Batteries and generators
Carbon nanotubes Sensor- General nanosensors
Other application of carbon nanotubes:
- Membranes for catalysis;- Molecular drug delivery devices.